Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day at the "Farm"

           Today we lucked out with another beautiful day here in Chile. The plan for the day was to go to the “spa” which has also at the same time been referred to as “the farm.” Going into this we decided that it would be best not to have any expectations. Connie had told me that it is nothing like a farm and that she doesn’t know why they call it that. However, because of how some of the things have gone to date, I wasn’t expecting anything particularly nice either. We knew that it wasn’t an actual spa where you get massages and manicures, but a place with a pool and where we could partake in athletic activities. As we were approaching the “spa” I grew quite skeptical. We were driving through a residential area with very small houses that didn’t look the nicest. Then, as we pulled up to the spa, there was a metal gate with a small building next to it. I have to admit my first thought was “oh great, here we go.” I had no idea how such a “spa” with a pool was going to fit into this residential area with small houses lining the streets. However, once we entered the main entrance building I think we were all amazed at what we saw. It was the lobby of an actual resort. It was very nice inside. After getting our entry bracelets we walked around the grounds outside and were all very pleasantly surprised. It seemed like any area you would find outside a very nice resort. Rosa Augustina, the spa, had to have at least six pools. There was even one with a waterslide. I have no idea how they managed to fit this very nice resort into its surroundings. From the outside you would have never even known it existed, yet inside it was so nice and spacious. Although it was nice to have the place all to ourselves, I wish I could have seen it in the summer in the in-season. I think it would have been much more exciting. Today was a thoroughly enjoyable, relaxing day at the pool though.

No comments:

Post a Comment