Saturday, May 21, 2011

An Added Twist

           As of right now I am sitting in the Philadelphia International Airport, which I suppose means our trip is officially over. Today at around 6:15 am we landed in Atlanta. From there we had to go straight to passport control which took over an hour. I was actually really worried about making our next flight to Philadelphia which boarded at 8:00 because we did not get through passport control until 7:15. Thankfully the rest of the process went quickly and we made it to our gate with 10 minutes to spare. At that point I thought everything was good because we were going to make our flight. However I was wrong because even though we made our flight, our bags didn’t… Always a good time. This is why I am still sitting in Philly an hour after our plane has landed. And of course my bags weren’t ever scanned into the system so of course there is no indication of where they are at. Morgan’s bags are the same as mine, but luckily Colleen’s got scanned and they are on the next plane so I am hoping. As a result, I am now sitting in baggage claim, waiting for the next flight from Atlanta to land.
            While in Atlanta it was so weird to use American money. I was not quite successful with it at first which is funny. It was also so strange to suddenly understand all the conversations around me and to not have to worry about language when purchasing an item. It was definitely exciting to hear the patriotic music playing in the Atlanta customs area and to know I was back in the United States. While it feels good to be back, I know I am definitely going to miss Chile too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment