Saturday, May 7, 2011

Leaving for Chile

Today we are leaving for our trip to Chile. I’m very excited and do not have any real idea of what to expect. I’m very much looking forward to seeing the city and having the opportunity to meet and get to know other students my age but of a different culture. I’m sure at first language may create a slight challenge but with time it will get easier. It’ll be nice to be able to actually experience the culture and see it in person rather than in just a short 2-minute clip shown in Spanish class. After doing some research on Chile, I’m interested to see if I’ll be able to pick up on some of the differences between the two cultures, and if so, what impact it has on their daily and professional lives. I’m also excited to talk to the students about their school experience and their daily lives and to then see how it differs from ours. I am very much looking forward to this trip, as I think it is an excellent opportunity. I cannot wait to see the city, culture, and companies, and to meet the Chilean students as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment